Monday, November 30, 2009

what just happened?

i got my ass kicked today, and it ruined my whole afternoon, very unproductive afterwards. i did a workout( first cf workout in a week mind you) that i had given my crossfitters last monday, and of course altered it for the weather. i've been getting stronger so i thought what the hell, lets see what i can do. my mind doesn't really have a caution flag, kristen can tell you that, so what ensued was an ass-kicking. the workout was:

for time:
40 thrusters, i did them at 95#, I weigh 150 soaking wet
followed immediately by a 400m row.
took me 4:58 a good time i guess.

after thoughts:
i laid on the floor for about 10 minutes unable to breathe normally, sat up to stretch, almost puked. got water and stretched and drove home. i haven't ever driven drunk but if i did i think how i felt today would be what it feels like. i had to focus all my energy on driving because i was tired, nauseated, and couldn't see very well.
when i got into the garage i almost puked again. i walked to my apt. grabbed a blanket and fell asleep in the fetal postition with my dog next to me on the entryway floor for about 45minutes. the nap was not planned by the way i just couldn't do anything else.i just got up, still feeling horrible- headache, nausea, weak. apparently i could have used a little more food today that is my only idea of why that was so hard, oh and the fact that i haven't worked out in 8 days, that might do it too. now i know why everyone left dazed and confused on monday. now its time for some very non-paleo yogurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment