Wednesday, February 17, 2010

saturday

ran 9 miles sat. when you train as many hours as i have, for as long as i have, you start to realize that every once ina while a workout comes your way that will be an adventure and not a workout. this was the case Saturday. i left on my run when it was about 40 degrees outside, cloudy and windy, so i dressed in full cold gear. we'll get to that later though. about a quarter of a mile into my run i was on harvery road headed towards highway 30. a car pulled up across the street from me and stopped. 3 people jumped out and started pushing it. it took me a second to realize what was going on but eventually i realized they ran out of gas and were trying to get to the station at the end of the street. so i ran across the street and helped them push it about a half a mile to the gas station. as they turned in a simply grabbed my water of the bumper and kept running. about 20 minutes after that the sun came out and the wind died. the temp must ahve risen about 10 degrees instantly because i was burning up. so i stopped behind a pool house in copperfield and took off my run shorts, run tights, gloves, and ear cover. i put my shorts back on and left my other clothes there an took off running again. after all this stopping and starting and time loss i realized my run was a wash and decided to just cruise the rest of it and enjoy the run and weather. so thats why my avg was so slow. some other crazy things happened along the way but they aren't as important.

9 miles
8:06 avg pace
965 calories

No comments:

Post a Comment