Tuesday, June 29, 2010

full day

today i did a 14-16 mile whitewater rafting trip for time. class 2,3,4 rapids. lots of fun.

the only problem was trying to bend my knees to anchor myself to the boat so i wouldn't fall out. i spent most of the day in a balancing act because my knees are still hurting so bad that its close to impossible to bend 90 degrees, let alone hold them in that position. straight legged is the only way to go. the knees are still swollen, my quads and calves are still swollen and the bottom of my foot still hurts after 10-15 steps. Guess i need to make an appt with dr. distefano again to see what real damage I've done. Idaho is beautiful, I'm eating like a machine, not really interested in alcohol still which is weird but i think its too much for my stomach. with how bad I'm feel physiologically I'm estimating about 6 weeks of recovery. it will truly take about that long to heal, repair and be ready for any strenuous activity again. I've been checking up on the gym I'm helping run and they are killing the workouts i left for them, i can't wait to jump in with them but it looks like it will be a while, and that is without any real injuries which i don't think I'll get away with this time, i hurt too much. its still hard to get up from sitting and i tried to roll out again this morning before rafting. i think that is hurting more than it is helping so I'm done with it for a few days. After 2 hours of sitting in a car in the morning, 1 hour on a bus, 6 hours in a raft on the river, another hour in a bus, and 2 hours back in the car this afternoon i think it is time to ice my knees again. plus its dinner time, peace

1 comment:

  1. You know you don't even show one ounce of pain at CF. I don't think if I would know what you were going through unless I were to read your blog. It's amazing the level of pain different people endure. I hear different people complaining at CF when we just have to do a 400m run or 50 burpees? Yes, it can be difficult but nothing like an Ironman. I admire your tenacity.

    ReplyDelete