Monday, June 28, 2010

iron hangover

just got done eating breakfast. it was good to get some real food in me. Just to let you know what i ate this morning:

3-4 egg omelet with sausage, bacon, ham, swiss cheese. 1 biscuit with gravy, home fries, one 12 inch blueberry pancake with honey butter, a few bites of another buttermilk pancake dressed similarly, and 3 glasses of water. Amazing, and i'm already hungry again.

The morning after a race is always exciting. My quads are pretty much rocks, my calves are definitely feeling the cramping from yesterday, my knees are very swollen and sore, the bottom of my left foot still hurts like crazy, i really think i tore it, i have some sweet sunburns on my quads, and i'm just generally moving slow. All for glory!

Thanks again to everyone who kept up with me. i was in a state of delusion 14 miles into the run, had someone let me quit i think i would have.i kept thinking about everyone watching me and knew i had to set an example for you all. Like kristen said, when i saw her at mile 14 of the run i didn't say anything, just stood there shaking my head, trying to stand up and wanting to quit. I literally didn't speak for the minute or two i was there while they tried to push me on and finally i turned and start running again. i'll post a whole write up on the race later today or tomorrow or wednesday. so look for that. thanks again.

4 comments:

  1. It is incredible to read about all that you accomplished. How awesome!! I know your family is so proud of you as am I. Enjoy the rest of your time away. See you friday.
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can not wait to read your side of the story. Kristen did an amazing job narrating and a deserves high five for being such a supportive wife.

    Enjoy your vaca and we miss you both at the box!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Daren! Great Job! What an accomplishment! It's mind boggling to think of all you went through! You are an inspiration to so many! Congratulations...Enjoy the triumph!
    Allyson Wright

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very inspiring Daren! Those hills sound like a killer.

    ReplyDelete