Sunday, June 27, 2010

Saw daren at mile 15. He already has himself beat. I think the weather has been too hot. His pace is still a 9:37 but he didn't say much and looked really beat when we just saw him. Tried to offer some encouragement and even a little coaching words to pick up the pace and negative split the second half of the marathon. It's not gonna happen though until he believes that he can. We won't get to see him until he finishes. He will finish. Just not in under 11 hours like he wanted and maybe not even in under 12. Keep your fingers crossed that he finds that fire within and pushes through the pain for 2 more hours. Might have an update before the finish based on ironmanlive.com

9 comments:

  1. Go Daren! I know you can do it! All your crossfitters are super proud of you!
    and thanks for all the updates, Kristen. I've been following the posts all day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW...after Murph today I cant even imagine doing what you are doing!!! Your awesome..ill say a few prayers as you finish up..no matter what your a winner and have done an awesome job!!!

    Murph: 55:14?? (IDK..55 something..)
    Oh and you will be proud...i got ANOTHER rip and re-ripped my current one...TRAGIC!!
    GOOD LUCK/JOB!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WAY TO GO DAREN! I SAW YOU CROSS THE LINE VIA IRONMANLIVE. YOU ARE AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finish Daren - We're proud of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yaaaahoooo Daren. Super proud of you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Daren...can't even imagine doing what you've done today! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woo hoo! Congrats on the finish!!

    Finished Murph in 63min. Not a smart idea to make this my first workout back in a month.

    Awesome job today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job Daren! What you did today is amazing! Hope you recover quick.

    Murph today took me around 55:05 I think. See you Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dude, I can't imagine how you are feeling now and how you were feeling on the marathon yesterday. You are an inspiration to all of us and I am really proud of you.

    I did Murph with a weighted vest just for you, and it was terrible, but all I thought about was how much worse you were probably feeling. Finished Murph in 58:39 with a 20# vest.

    Kristen, thanks for keeping us all updated on Daren's race, it was really exciting to read the posts! Ya'll enjoy the rest of your stay there!

    ReplyDelete